Monday, May 26, 2014

My brother 'Raja' :-)

I have a cousin brother. His name is 'Raja'. He is 21 years old and he lives in a village in the eastern part of West Bengal, with his family of three. I remember we had last met some 20 years ago, when we used to visit them, and he used to visit us along with his parents. He used to be very naughty, and I used to be equally encouraging ! :) Anyhow, as time flew, we grew up, I got busy with loads of learning and gearing up to face the world, and when mobile phones came into existence, I didn't know how many of us in the family had access. Yet, we never forgot each other. Our relationship was just there. Tight and warm. 

We got connected over phone, few weeks back when mom visited his village, and I especially told my mom to call me from there so that I get to talk to Raja, the naughty kid that I loved !! :-) He is a big boy now. He graduated from college last year, and is employed with the local Police Station in his area. We spoke, and we spoke for more than an hour in one go!! I couldn't believe in his sweetness, it was so real. Am still basking in his innocence as I see his SMS that reads "Goodnight my Mishti didi. Sweet dreams". :-)

I say my thanks to God, for keeping me warm and loved. Raja believes my love and blessings are always there with him even though I couldn't stay in touch with him all this while, and I do assure him of the same. I pray to God that his faith in my love only grows deeper. Am in love with "innocence", yet again. And perhaps, innocence is like food to my soul. Thanks to Raja, my cute little brother. 


Warm regards,
Mishti.

No comments: