Friday, June 13, 2014

Happy outlet :-)

Some days are like that: Overwhelming. I mean, when a small speck like me, who is struggling hard to put together many scattered pieces while fighting harder to keep calm other agents that are more bothered about keeping their visibility turned on, then at the end of it, the respectable big guy who has been keeping an eye on each and every movement of all the small specks, acknowledges the small speck and says a sentence that has "sweet girl" in its phrasing, I feel humbled :-) He is an '87 batch IAS officer, and also, he takes interest in Indian Classical Music. He has been instrumental in driving some key national schemes despite bureaucratic troubles that were not under his control. I've been fortunate to interact with him a couple of times, on formal occasions of review meetings and official callings.

And then, I get to know one of my classmates, who has been to IIMA after IIT Kharagpur & served the corporate world for a while, cracked the UPSC '14. I mean, he is one of my friends whom I've grown up with; that introvert kid whom I always like to speak to, that nice boy who supported the group-activities I was involved in, that humble guy who had a rare charm of his own, who was always driven to "do something good, to give back to the society". THAT friend of mine, Sudhir, cracked one of the toughest Civil Services exam held in India. I am just so happy today. :) Even today, he said "I wanted to get into Civil services to be able to give back to society". And he is not there on FB, or any social site, unlike me :P Well, that's about my 'Leo' sunsign !! God made me this way; I've been a social kid eversince I started talking :D So, someday, Sudhir would be an Joint Secretary / Secretary / Commissioner & Secretary / Others, in some Department in some Ministry in the Indian Govt. And we'd relish our good old times discussing future of the next generation.....among other things :) God bless.

Then, a colleague-turned-friend. Let's call him 'A'. For a workaholic person like me, there is literally no time to spend 'quality time' with 'colleagues'. It's all about work. Period. However, this new colleague has a sensitive side to his being. Unlike many hard-bred men, he takes 'care' of work. It's a difference that am probably unable to express in words. May be, if you know someone who 'loves' his/her work; you'd know what I mean. And I admire such kind of genuine sincerity. We have had differences. Am an opinionated person; and when a Leo gets upset, the entire world should just stay calm :D :P Ofcourse, it takes as little time for me to calm down, as it takes for my temperature to shoot up :P :D So, 'A' is aware of this, now :) And he keeps sharing his wisdom and told me "You behave like a kid sometimes", to which I said "I behave like a kid a LOT of times; it's just that you don't notice, which is good! :P". So, 'A' has been through some tough times recently, which I came to know, only after I trusted him with my thoughts and words, & he kept my trust.... patiently listened to all that I was going through. 'A' is the most simple, and the most sensitive friend I have. Am just so glad today, as I relax and think of a wonderful phase of life that passed by....in the last 1 year. I have a friend, who is so nice, I realize. I pray 'A' achieves all his dreams; he the sweetest 'guy' I know, and I wish him all the sweetness of this world. :) The predominant feeling I have on such a day is the feeling of "gratitude". Friendship is such a beautiful relationship, borne out of formal beginnings, some rough interjections, empathy for each other, understanding, and a renewed faith in the bonding. 

As I relish this day, a lovely day of good feeling, am listening to the song: "aaj phir tumpe pyaar aaya hai"....that channelizes my mushy emotions....as am once again deep in love with Life ^_^ :-)


God bless.
Mishti :)


No comments: