Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thoughts

I firmly believe that 'thoughts' define a human being. I mean, a person may have ultra-uber education degrees, achievements, both at individual level and a family-oriented collective level. But the same person may not  be as much refined in the way he/she *thinks*. 

With that, I refer both to simple/complicated 'ways' of thinking and narrow/broad-minded thoughts. A person may have simple 'way' of thinking, but may have narrow-minded thoughts, while a person might think in complicated ways (analyzing pros and cons, logically & rationally) but may have broad-minded thoughts (pertaining to outlook towards people & life). 

So yes, while simple/complicated 'ways' of thinking might 'change' as a human being evolves through his/her journey of life, the same human being is always defined by his thoughts: narrow or broad-minded. And so far, in my 30 years of existence on earth, I haven't seen a single person turning from being narrow-minded to broad-minded, or vice-versa :-)

I do have a lot of fun observing people :D For example, if you point out a certain flaw to narrow-minded people, they take it seriously and try to justify that as well :-) While, if you do the same thing to broad-minded people, they act in a more mature way, encouraging the dialogue & discussion, henceforth :-)

Who do I think I am ? :D Ofcourse am broad-minded enough to have equal respect for all human beings. :-) 


Peace.
Mishti :-)

No comments: