Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Horrible Employee

Yeah, that's me. I have never been able to adhere to "norms". Why? Because to me, every problem is unique. You cannot have blanket solution to all problems & excel, both, at the same time. I strive for excellence, if not perfection. So, here are my million dollar tips to straight-forward excellence :D

1. Be pro-active. Client will never be co-operative. You and your Manager are solely responsible to drive success!

2. If your Manager doesn't manage, communicate to the next-level Manager. If that hierarchy doesn't exist, your Project is doomed to fail. :-) 

3. Learn to anticipate problems, and take actions. This is different from being pro-active. To know how, read below.

3a. When you anticipate, you actually do a realistic analysis of your initiatives already set in motion (while you were pro-active & planned & executed those initiatives).

3b. When you anticipate, you *do* get an idea of 'possible pitfalls'. Act on your hunch, communicate it to all concerned, take preventive measures, and stay agile to change.

3c. When Plan A fails, kick-start Plan B, and if Plan B poses issues, "Innovate". Usually, one cannot afford time & resources for a Plan C. So, innovation is key, to buy in time and money.

I am the horrible employee who loves to do all the above, but then organizations and clients have certain working mechanisms that don't gel with mine. So, I remain horrible :D And I crave a lot of freedom! But if you want to succeed in a job, and if you follow what I suggest, you will rock it ! :-)


Have a good day!
Mishti.

No comments: