Monday, May 12, 2014

Patriotism

Being born in a family of two simple people (My mom and dad) who have selflessly served the society (& continue to do so), I think it was natural that I always loved to be an Indian, and wanted to do something. My 1st step towards serving the nation is perhaps my thought "I want to speak on 26th January in the assembly speech" that I expressed to my mom, who then encouraged me to go and express the same thought to my teachers who conducted the programme. I was 10 years old then. 

I drafted my own speech. Dad helped me refine it. I practised speaking it. Addressed the entire school assembly on 26th January, 1993, during the morning assembly.

In my speech...speaking about my Nation, remembering the sacrifices of our Martyrs, recounting the glorious past of Indian civilization, and adding a message of hope for a better India, I felt amazing. My journey to serve the Nation had hence begun. Accompanying my parents in the social causes they selflessly served, fueled in me the zeal in me to continue serving the people & thereby, do something towards the betterment of India.

And then, "Arvind Kejriwal" happened to Indian media. And I started understanding the basics of Politics. This post is dedicated to salute the spirit of patriotism, in India, with an inspiring video from Facebook:


Jai Hind.
Mishti.

2 comments:

satish said...

I used to speak on national festivals as all. Not because I was patriotic but because my siblings expected me to. I don't know if I was any good but I am definitely bad now. I am sure you were a great speaker though with a lot of idealism.

On Arvind, I have to agree with you. He has helped me define patriotism in a way that is action oriented. Your coming to Delhi to campaign for him was in a way my introduction to him so thank you.
I wrote a post today BTW.

Mishti said...

Satish,

Firstly, thank God tune apne original ID se comment kiya :D

Secondly, well, as a 10-year old kid...I just *felt* I could speak just like the seniors do, on a Republic Day or an Independence Day. Contents of the speech, along with the social-services my parents introduced me to...sowed the seeds of Patriotism in me.

Wow! same pinch...to your 'speaking on National festivals' :) You speak well now as well; you just need to stop 'thinking' otherwise :P

Hmm. AAP rocks. Am glad I could 'introduce' you to some national stuff, in some way :D ^_^ Thank you, for the opportunity :)

Okay. Will read, for sure.