Sunday, June 15, 2014

of Good Music

I have huge respect for humble people. And well, one can be truly called humble when one achieves greatest of individual potential and yet remains down to earth. In my knowledge, Pandit Ajoy Chakraborty is one such musician. As a kid, I used to hear about him from my parents discussing about his music, and my mom happens to hail from his neighbouring hometown, so mom knows some realities of his upbringing and initial musical training and his journey, per se. You may read some information about him @ Pandit Ajoy Chakraborty 

People in the music fraternity in the entire world, know him. So, what has he done after accomplishing prestigious Indian and International acclaim? He has developed scientific methods of structured training courses for small children, and he has opened a school that trains children in Indian Classical Music. Not just that, he has his own Facebook Page, and I can tell he posts the FB Posts, himself :-) and, THAT takes humility. To embrace change as our social life changes, while appreciating the goodness of social-media, by actively being a part of it to engage with the world: All this, so that he can take the Indian music to the masses. I mean, at this age, when he is 60+ years old, and has all the money he needs, he could easily sit on his laurels and enjoy the comforts. But his actions speak for his dedication and a life-long devotion: Music.

I love to be living in this era in India, where I witness a new breed of ultra-talented Indian Classical Musicians, of my generation !! :-) Am really proud of them. I mean, in these times of fast-paced life, easy distractions, it is very very difficult for young children to even sit at one place for over a minute; I see them all around me; Smartfones add to the fidgeting :D So, yeah, during such challenging environments, it's so heart-warming to see parents and children devoted into nurturing Indian Classical Music. Hats off to them! :-)

Today I got to listen to a song that had me mind-blown in a nice way :-) Pandit Ji posted it on his Facebook wall, saying it is a 11-beat song made for the 1st time in the history of world music. Created by Sayani Palit. By default I counted the beats, and was awestruck with the brilliance demonstrated by all percussionists. What perfection. What finesse. And the singing of the vocalist speaks of her years long 'sadhana'. This is one of the Best songs, ever made. And I convey my thanks to all the musicians for creating such a beautiful piece of music. Have a listen:



God bless.
Mishti.

No comments: